What is PP Filter Membrane
The filter membrane is used for the separation of substances in the treatment solution and has a wide range of applications. The most common use is for solid-liquid separation, to filter water through membrane pores, to intercept impurities that cannot pass through, and to perform simple treatment without any chemical changes. Today we will introduce the filter membrane made of PP material:
- Polypropylene is a non-toxic, odorless, tasteless polymer and is one of the lightest plastics currently available.
- It is not affected by humidity and is particularly stable in aqueous solution with a water absorption rate of only 0.01%.
- It has good chemical stability and is resistant to weak acids and alkalis. At the same time, its chemical stability improves with the increase of crystallinity, and its anti-corrosion effect is good.
- Moreover, the formability is good, and the uniformity of the pore size distribution will be better controlled when producing the filter membrane.
- It can adapt to the temperature above 100 ℃ for disinfection and sterilization, and its heat resistance is very good.
PP Filter Membrane
- The PP filter membrane is a membrane made of polypropylene microfibers bonded together by hot melt, which can perform deep filtration. Due to the stable physical and chemical properties of the raw material itself, it has good compatibility with most chemical reagents and can be used for filtration and separation of most solutions.
- The chemical properties and temperature also make it have a long service life. The longer the filtration time of items with more suspended solids, the higher the filtration accuracy.
- General manufacturers will provide a wealth of aperture options for different needs.
- Moreover, the hydrophobicity allows it to filter with less residue and a large amount of dirt.
High melting point can be sterilized at high temperature. The product is generally clean and pollution-free, and there will be no medium falling off and re-pollution.
- The polypropylene filter membrane has a high porosity, and the resistance is small and the flow rate is fast during deep filtration. And it is very pressure-resistant, and it can reach a higher flow rate under the condition of low differential pressure.
- PP membrane application: This product is used to filter out particulate impurities and bacteria in pharmaceutical, chemical, biological products, electronic industries, food and beverage, brewing, oil production, and chemical research laboratories. The pore size above 0.65 micron can filter out particles, and the pore size below 0.45 micron can filter out bacteria.
- Avoid touching sharp and hard objects during storage to avoid being scratched and destroying the fineness of the filter. It is better to store it away from light at room temperature to avoid the damage caused by ultraviolet rays.
The above is all the content of PP Membrane. No filter membrane can only be used as the deep filtration in the final stage. The filtrate must first be filtered through coarse filter materials such as sand sticks or filter paper to avoid clogging of the filter membrane. If you need to buy filter membranes, Hawach has a complete range, as well as paper filters and syringe filters.